Took place on 28/04/19
Test if your spring training is on target with a little Short, Sharp, Shock treatment!
Running from the picturesque Buckingham village of Haddenham, The Sharpener is well established as a lively Spring Sportive running through the beautiful Chiltern Hills and South Oxfordshire.
We make sure to pack in some challenging terrain for you with 3,900ft ascent of climbing in 110km route and 2,500ft in the Short 65km Sharpener. Then ‘warm you down’ with coffee and hotdogs!
The Sharpener cycling sportive details
- Tea & Coffee at Registration
- Individual 'Chipped Timing'
- A well signed route
- Mechanical Assistance
- Support 'Broom Wagon'
- Well Stocked Feed Stations
- First Aid (which hopefully won't be needed)
- Web published results service
- Online event certificate
- Registration starts from 7:45am
- Start Time from 8:30am
- Broom Wagon departs 9:30am
- The entry for either distance is £23 (18 and over)
- The 'Sharpener' is open to junior riders (15-17) £15 (Must be accompanied by a parent or guardian)
Take a look at earlier YouTube video for a taster of what lies ahead http://youtu.be/lEHOa_FDvco
The SharpenerClick profile for mapping
The Short SharpenerClick profile for mapping We unfortunately do not make refunds, however riders are able to transfer their entry to another rider by emailing us at email@example.com. Adult riders can also freely switch between the 100 km and 55 km routes, due to injury, lack of training or if added enthusiasm kicks in before the event!
You might also like…
22nd September 2019
Guaranteed to make your legs and lungs howl. It’s a harsh but beautiful beast.
23rd June 2019 – Completed
Register you’re interest to join the ultimate gourmet cafe tour in 2020.
Whatever your query, we would love to hear from you. It’s easy to get in touch by completing our contact form or through our facebook page.